For the last 3 years, our school has participated in a "One Book, One School, One Community project" where everyone (all staff and students) receive a copy of a book and are encouraged to read it. This year's book was PEAK by Roland Smith (he also wrote Jaguar which I read to my last 5th grade class back in 1999). I highly recommend both books! I got to a point where I couldn't stop reading both of them!
Anyway, PEAK is about a teenage boy who attempts to climb Mt. Everest. As a culminating event, the PTO brought in a wall to climb from a local rock climbing company. I climbed it twice; first the "easiest" one, then the "least easy" one. None of it was really hard since the tether helped pull you up... hehe :)



I also helped on of the other teachers at my school create this image... hehe

It's hard to believe that Tuesday school was canceled due to ice and we had a high temp for the day of 26. Friday it was in the 70s.
:)
1 comment:
WOW!!! Great shots! Great job climbing it...it looks high!
Post a Comment